Let’s understand the basics of Package in SSIS. This could also be a good interview question for SSIS.
- A package is a unit of work that is retrieved, executed and saved.
- It’s a collection of various objects i.e. Control Flow elements, data flow elements,event handlers, variables, logging which together builds a package.
- Various functionalities can be added into package using Control Flow elements, Data Flow elements.
- We can set the security settings on the package.
- We can also incorporate transactions in packages to better control the package execution.
- Using connection managers in package helps us to connect with different data sources to extract and load data.
- Logging in packages allows us to better control the package execution and also enables efficient error handling.
- Event handlers handles the events raised during the package runtime.
Happy Learning !!!